52 Week Photo Project: Week 6 Candy
This week was a tough artistic challenge and admittedly, I was stumped. Trying to find something “candy” in Bangkok that isn’t actually candy… it’s tough. I thought about going to Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza for some “adult candy”. However, I decided against that and instead went with “candy cars”.
The image is from the platform near an exit of Phrom Phong BTS station looking down over Sukhumvit Road. The candy? Where is the candy? Well, what I did was add a layer of foil texture on each car to give it a little bit of a tinfoil or paper wrapper type look.
To fulfill the artistic challenge part of this is the candy part. This was some overall basic photoshopping of the image, so nothing complicated but this is how it was done.
- Load photo and texture file into Adobe Photoshop or your photo editor of choice.
- Select a vehicle using a lasso, selection, or pen tool. Ensure that you select the whole vehicle.
- After making your selection, switch to your texture file and drag it over the photo.
- Set a mask.
- Change the blending mode to Linear Dodge (Add).
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all selected items have had a masked texture applied.
- Adjust your contrast, highlights and shadows. For the photo in today’s post I increased the contrast, then further darkened the shadows, and decreased the highlights just a hair because the original picture was very bright.
it definitely was and I wasn’t too excited to do this one, but I think it’s because I just couldn’t find anything really compelling that told me “candy”. Next week is another artistic challenge and something that I think I can do something much more interesting.
The coming week’s topic is “Forgotten” and is a story challenge. So it looks like Week 7 I will be telling a story of something, and I think I might already have some ideas.